Benchmark Consultants Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative 289570 of RI Advice Group Pty Ltd ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429
This website and other related websites for which riadvice.com.au/retireinvest.com.au is a portal (‘this website’) is a general information service owned and operated by RI Advice Group Pty Limited ABN 23 001 774 125 and other companies that are associates of RI Advice Group Pty Limited (referred to collectively as ‘RI’). Any general financial advice on this website is provided by RI Advice Group Pty Limited.
This website is for the use of persons in Australia only. References to currency are in Australian dollars. This material has been prepared without taking into account a potential investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision based on this material, a potential investor should consider its appropriateness having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs.
You should not do, or refrain from doing, anything based on the information provided in this website without first obtaining professional advice from a financial adviser.
RI believes the information in this website is correct, and it has reasonable grounds for any opinion or recommendation found within, as at the date the relevant part of this website was last updated. However, RI and its directors, employees and agents are not liable for any loss or damage incurred by any person as a result of any error in any information, opinion or recommendation in this website (whether due to the negligence of RI or its directors, employees and agents, or otherwise). This does not limit any rights a person has under the Trade Practices Act.
Nothing in this website is, or should be taken as, an offer, invitation or recommendation to buy or sell any investment in or make any deposit with RI or any other person.
While RI regularly updates its virus protection software, it cannot ensure against malicious virus attacks against this website. It is your responsibility to ensure that all downloads made from our site and emails received in your system are scanned for viruses.
Copyright in this website is owned by or licensed to RI unless otherwise indicated. This website also contains a number of trademarks, logos and symbols which are either owned by RI or used with the permission of the owners.
You are entitled to use the information in this website for your personal reference only. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, you must not reproduce, adapt, upload, download, link to, frame, perform in public, transmit or distribute any content from this Website or any part of it (in whatever form or by whatever process) unless you have obtained RI’s prior written approval. RI will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any of the above acts which are not authorised by RI, nor will it be responsible for any content of other sites which are accessed via this website.
The Terms and Conditions can be modified at any time by RI and you agree to continue to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as modified. The revised Terms and Conditions will be published on this website and not otherwise notified to you separately.
RI Advice Group Pty Limited (ABN 23 001 774 125) holds Australian Financial Services Licence no. 238429
Registered Business Address:
347 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone (02) 9234 8800
Protecting your personal information
RI Advice Group collects your personal information in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your adviser know when information you have provided has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
• to assist in providing you with products and services;
• to consider your request for a product or service;
• to enable RI Advice or another member of the ANZ Group to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser;
• to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
• to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
• to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research);
• to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against RI Advice Group and/ or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving RI Advice Group;
• to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
• to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
• as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
• where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
• where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
• where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, RI Advice Group may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
• ANZ and any related entity of ANZ which may use the information to: carry out ANZ’s functions and activities; promote its own products and services when recommended by your adviser; assess your application for one of its products or services; manage your product or service; perform administrative and operational tasks; or comply with regulatory requirements and prudential standards;
• an organisation that has an arrangement with RI Advice Group to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with RI Advice Group to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or RI Advice Group to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
• any agent, contractor or service provider of RI Advice Group or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
• an organisation that assists RI Advice Group to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
• regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
• other parties RI Advice Group is authorised or required by law or court/ tribunal order to disclose information to;
• any person who introduces you to RI Advice Group;
• your referee(s);
• your employer;
• your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
• your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact RI Advice Group on 1800 684 653.
If you obtain credit services from us or our authorised representative, your personal information, including information about your other credit liabilities, repayments and defaults, may be disclosed to credit reporting bodies. We may also collect this information from credit reporting bodies. Information about credit reporting, including the name and contact details of these credit reporting bodies, when we may disclose your personal information
to them to include in a report about your credit worthiness, and how you can request credit reporting bodies not use your information in certain circumstances, is available at www.riadvice.com.au/ privacy-policy/.
• the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
• how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
• how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related entity will deal with those matters.
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
Collecting sensitive information
If applicable, we may collect health information with your consent. Your health information will only be disclosed to a service provider or organisation where this is necessary in order to provide you with financial products and services.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.